Sunday, January 1, 2012

bluumBox: November / December


It's that time again! And for a while I wasn't sure if I was even going to get November's box, but I finally received it by the end of the month, and by the time I was ready to write up my review, sure enough I received December's box as well! So here you go -- another two-fer bluumBox post!

November: goodnight moon


Sadly, I couldn't find a stock photo of November's box, so if you're curious about any of the products, you get find more information here.
  • Skin Free Skincare Sleep Tight Spritz
  • Oh Baby Organic Baby Butter
  • Mini Drops Soothing Eye Drops
  • Apothederm Stretch Mark Cream*
  • Little Pim Fun With Languages 25% off Coupon
  • Special Gift -- Uncle Good Block
I don't even know where to start. This box, along with the next box coming up, has just been sitting by my computer waiting for me to do this recap. I mean, there's nothing in here that shouts out to me as being awesome, and makes me want to run out and get a full-sized bottle. PLUS, I already received a sample of the Apothoderm(*) -- so what are they trying to tell me, I not need double the help to get rid of my stretch marks?? I don't even know what I'll do with the baby butter. As for the sleep tight spritz, I don't know if I'd actually use that for Sam... hell, I don't know if I'd actually use it for me. I can give Sam the Uncle Good block, but again it's only one block. Coupons are nice, but I have no interest in additional languages as of right now. The only thing in this box that I can see using, and actually plan on using today thanks to the craziness that was last night, is the eye drops sample. Other than that? I think this one was a miss.

December: new beginnings


Again, no stock photos for December's box, but again, if you want information on the products, you may be able to find it here. If not, I will be back to edit the link as soon as they post it on the website.
  • Wry Baby Drooly Bib**
  • Dapple dish liquid
  • Spiffles tooth wipes
  • Dr. Sears baby wash
  • Plum Tots fruit snack
  • Yu-Be skin cream
  • Special Holiday Bonus - biodegradable Wysie Wipes
Strike two, bluum. I already have a Drooly Bib(**) which makes me start to wonder how many vendors that might actually have. If that's the case, and I going to see the same stuff in next month's box as well? I mean, we had a pouched fruit snack before, and as much as I love them for Sam, so much for variety. And we're getting more baby wash and skin care samples than we even want/need and chances are Sam can't even use them at this point. The Wysie Wipes are interesting as they come in dehydrated little discs and I guess you just need to add water and they expand? Of course, it won't help when I need a wipe ASAP which is usually the case. Tooth wipes are a waste because at this point we're brushing Sam's teeth with a regular brush and training paste. Drapple, however, is a good product... but again we're beyond needing baby-specific cleaning products.

The verdict? I have one more box coming to me thanks to the PlumDistrict deal, but after that I think it's going be a sweet farewell to bluum.com. And sadly? No love lost there...

No comments: