Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mothers Day 2012


I don't think I could have asked for a better Mothers Day. :)

It just worked out that it was Chris' morning to wake up with Samma, so I was able to "sleep in" until 9am... crazy, I know. We had some cuddle times while I opened my presents, and then we were on our way!

We began the day with a trip down to Plymouth, MA for breakfast at The Blueberry Muffin, a little breakfast place known for their homemade muffins and donuts. Being so small, they didn't take reservations, especially on a day like Mothers Day, but we arrived a little after 11am, waited for maybe 15 minutes, then were seated at a booth in the comfy little restaurant. Other than Samma being fussy towards the end and Chris taking her outside to walk around, breakfast was really delicious. And, being a mom, I received a white carnation on my way out the door!

From there we drove over to downtown Plymouth. Despite forgetting Samma's stroller and the strip being more desolate than I imagined, it was a nice day for a walk. If we have thought of it we should have driven one block down and walked along the waterfront while playing tourist around Plymouth Rock, but alas... I did, however, get a delicious iced Almond Joy Mocha from Kiskadee Coffee so it was worth it.

Later in the evening we had dinner with my family at Burtons in Hingham, which also happens to be one of our favorite places... at least it was. I don't know if it was the overbooking for Mother's Day, or if they were just losing their touch, but there were $50 worth of mistakes comped from our bill during this one sitting... it may be a while before we go back again.

End the Sunday evening with an episode of Game of Thrones, and I don't think I could have asked for anything more!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, 50 dollars worth. That's crazy. The rest of the day sounds lovely! Especially the Iced Almond Joy Mocha (okay, that's what I get for reading this before I've had coffee this morning). :)

MaryBeth said...

Krissy, we need to go to that coffee place someday... it's really comfy and there's a table specifically for games and such. You'd love it!