Saturday, April 28, 2012

Easter 2012


I wish I had a better picture to post (read: one that didn't have me in it) but I'm still waiting on Easter pictures from various sources.

Anyway, this was the first time Samma was exposed to the concept of an Easter Egg Hunt, and it was pretty awesome. We had dinner at my parents' house, and as it was a chilly April morning, we decided to hide eggs around the first floor at Samma level. At first she was unsure of the concept, but once we showed her that you get treats when you open up the eggs, it was game on!

And before anyone gets judgey, her eggs included two of her favorites - Pirate Booty:


... and Mots for Tots fruit snacks:

My husband and I actually had a discussion about how we were going to approach Easter with Sam, seeing as neither of us follow our once-Catholic roots, nor did we have Sam baptized for the same reason. I could try to lead her down the more Pagan, Spring Equinox path, but taking a step back and looking at the commercialization of the Holiday, I think society has done enough of that already, so we decided to stick with the Easter Bunny and chocolates and eggs and leave it at that. Happy Spring!

No comments: