Monday, May 24, 2010

being sick sucks...

I honestly thought I was in the clear... I was fine all winter long, and then last night - BAM - hit with a sore throat, sniffles, congestion, coughing... ugh. I called my doctor's office this morning and they told me I would be OK with Tylenol cold, so that pair with lots of fluid and vitamin C drops should (hopefully) get me on the mend. I hope so. Because it's the end of the month, and work is getting busy. And I really can't/shouldn't take a sick day...


We will finally be looking into baby furniture tonight. We're going to head over to Jordan's and then IKEA to see what they have, and then most likely Babies R Us tomorrow to do some price comparisons. So far I think we're going to go with a crib, low dresser, and a recliner... the crib will be standard - not a convertible or a dropside - and we don't really think we need a changing table because we can just get a pad to put on top of the dresser, and it's one less piece of furniture we need to fit into the room. We also need to think about a bookcase and a nght table, but we're just focusing on the big pieces tonight. As for color, most likely white or a light stain... that way we'll be able to reuse it in the future, and they should go with just about any bedding set. I do like the darker stains and woods, but I just dont think they'll work in that room.


We'll see how far we get tonight though... I forsee a lot of back and forth and comparisons and discussion..... I just hope I have the energy for it all feeling like I do now. =(

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the style of the IKEA stuff and they definitely have some great sets. While you're there, you might also want to look at a few of their lights. I have a big bug light next to C's crib that is perfect as a night light (and also happens to fit with the wall decal theme I put up). But when she naps, she really likes little hanging globe I got that projects moons/stars/planets all over her room. It won't make a difference until her eye sight begins to improve around 4-6 months, but was a tip I got that I thought I would pass on.

If you want to go with the changing top dresser check this link (http://www.dadlabs.com/Gear-Daddy/changing-table-alternative.html). They also have this video (http://www.dadlabs.com/videos.html?view=dvideo&sid=1) that you might like overall. I love this site and their videos, each just a few minutes long and published daily so there's an extensive archive.

One other tip on changing. I originally put C's changing table in her bedroom thinking it was basically the place for it. It turned out it was more convenient to put it someplace both more central and closer to a sink. Currently, mine is right outside the bathroom (not enough room in) across from the play area in the main room. Sure, it's a little awkward having the changing table in a high traffic area, but it's also much more convenient than running to her room each time.

Anonymous said...

Yup that about the changing table being somewhere central!

Also - awesome tip for the projecting light thing - I'd been thinking something like this for a while but couldn't get past the "it'd be nice to have something that projects..." phase of thought. Thanx!