Thursday, January 6, 2011

first day at daycare...

... and Mom's first day back to work. =(


No worries, though! It wasn't as bad dropping her off as I thought it was going to be, and I got the biggest smile from her before I left, so it made everything all better. In fact, I think it made Chris more sad seeing me hand her off to someone else than it did me. But the teachers said Samantha had an amazing day, and I've heard nothing short of praises since! It's a great little center, and she has her own little princess crib in the corner and every time I've gone to pick her up, she's been strapped into the infant rocker seat and she's just babbling again to her teacher. It's awesome.

So that's Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Tuesdays she's with my mom, and I love it because I know other than Thursdays (when I have her) Tuesdays are going to be so laid back in the dropping off/picking up department, and I'll feel more comfy harrassing my mother for a status update if I want one than calling the center every other hour. Plus, I know I'll be able to go over to my mother's house after work and feed Sam there rather than having to pack another bottle for daycare and not get her there until 5:30-6pm.

And Thursdays she's with me. Go figure though - the awesome baby she is was totaly fussy all day for me, with very little naps, which meant not much time for me to check work emails. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised -- I mean, how much work did I really think I was going to get done while home with an infant all day?

But it's a working schedule, and we're getting used to to. The first week is almost over, and it's only supposed to get easier from here... right?

No comments: