Saturday, July 9, 2011

1st-year photos


Like so many people I know, I too am a fan of the Groupon / LivingSocial / BuyWithMe / EverSave daily emails that arrive in my Yahoo inbox every morning. Somethings I can use, most I cannot, but earlier this week a deal came my way that I just couldn't pass up!

"Picture this: you, trying to take a family portrait, struggling to wipe one kid's face clean, while your husband holds the other offspring in place and simultaneously reaches to click the remote. For an image worth framing on the wall, forget the DIY nightmare and pick up today's photogenic deal from Picture People. For just $25, get a photo shoot and five photo sheets -- one 8x10, two 5x7s, five 4x6s, 16 wallets, and a low-res View and Share CD of the entire session -- perfect for posting pics on Facebook or emailing to family members (a $125 value). Find a nearby location and your bundles of joy won't even have to be strapped into the car seats for long. Snap up this deal for a photo that brings joy -- not a reminder of stressful times."

So, of COURSE the first thing I do is figure out the expiration date, look at a calendar, and make sure it's in time for Sami's 1st birthday, which is was, so I jump on board as fast as I can! And as soon as I received the confirmation email that my deal went through, I was online and on the phone making my appointment -- Sami's 1st year photos are scheduled to be done Saturday, September 24th at 1pm.

Now, some may say that this is a little bit of overthinking, but alas, I do not. Pictures are timeless, Sam is growing up fast, and I am going to make damn sure I don't miss a minute!

And now that I know 1-year pictures are going to happen for sure, I have plenty of time to think of picture ideas! Because, I mean... how many other 1st birthday pictures is she ever going to take??

Now to those who know me, this might come as a shock.... but when I was looking through the ideas on PicturePeople's website, this one picture caught my eye:


Yup. That there would be a baby in a tutu wearing a headband and pearls. And I think it's one of the cutest, most adorable things I've seen in a LONG time. So I think I'm going to do it. And I think Etsy.com is going to help!


After much searching (not really) I can across tiaratutu's Shop and instantly fell in love! I haven't decided on anything specific yet, but I'm still looking. I just love the whole tutu / headband / pearls combo on a baby for her first birthday pictures....... and I can't believe I just typed that out.


As for the second outfit during the photo shoot, I think I might go with the standard "I'm 1!" onesie outfit or diaper cover, and let her go crazy with a cake to be brought with the intention of getting destroyed.

And if anyone else has any other ideas, I'd be more than happy to hear them! Yay!

No comments: