Monday, January 25, 2010

14DPO... still a BFP




I took another test this morning, like I said I was going to, and sure enough, two more blue lines starting back at me. I guess it didn't go away over the weekend after all. ;p

I had to go and buy decaf tea and coffee this morning. It was weird. So far, though, no withdrawl headaches... this is a plus. Unfortunately, the teas I already have in my desk are no good... one specifically says not to take while pregnant. Damn herbal teas. Also, no more Sweet 'N Low... Splenda and Equal only.

I called my gyno's office this morning, and was pleasantly surprised when they told me that she no longer practices obstetrics, and hadn't for the last couple of years. Luckily, they gave me a name for an OB right in Weymouth, so I gave them a call.

South Shore Womens Health looks to be a decent group practice, which definitely will have its upsides. As much as I love my gyno, she's a solitary practitioner, so what was going to happen if I went into labor and she, for some reason, wasn't going to be able to make it? I would get stuck with a stranger delivering my baby... not ideal. But with a group practice, as far as I can see, you get to know the individuals who will be there for you directly, so when the time comes, you'll at least know someone who will be there.

Anyway, I have my first prenatal appointment scheduled for Tuesday, March 9th at 9am. I'll be 10 weeks at that point, so they'll do the first ultrasound to hear the heartbeat... Chris is so coming with me to that one!

She also told me I need to get prenatal vitamins... I'm on it. I just have to make sure it has the DHA supplement, in addition to folic acid, iron, and calicum would be nice. I will probably pick those up today after work.

Right now, I'm just tired. I feel really drained, and all I want to do is go home and take a nap.

We're going to try to go to the gym tonight, but I'm already looking for excuses to talk myself out of it. Oh, and I read I gotta keep the pulse lower than 120bpm... *sigh*

No comments: