Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can you keep a secret?

I figure, since we're somewhere in between Trying to Conceive (TTC) and waiting to TTC, I might as well start a blog to write about our exploits. ;) We're trying to keep it on the DL for now, only because we don't want to get anyone's hopes up, and the last thing we want is the pressure to be on us from our families.

Our initial plan was to wait until our 1st anniversary to officially being trying, however we're now almost to our 4-month anniversary, and are finding ourselves in the "whatever happens, happens" stage. I think I want to blame all the babiness around us... I know at least 3 different women IRL who are pregnant, and even more online.... it's crazy!

We're both ready enough - we have a house, we both have stable jobs, we have money in savings. We're currently looking into a Short-Term Disability plan through Aflac for me, as my employer does not offer a STD plan through our company. Plan is we're going to wait for my next cycle to begin, and then sign up, and you need a 10-month waiting period before giving birth for the policy to take affect. Read: We need to play nice for a good month, if not more, and pray for a healthy pregnancy to get paid.

I'm still in the process of reading Taking Charge of Your Fertility (TCOYF). TTC, TTA (Avoid), or just wanting to know how the female body works, it's definitely a great read for any female who's curious.

This is my first cycle charting, thanks to FertilityFriend.com (FF). Said chart can be found
here.

I've been temping since the beginning of my last cycle, give or take a few days. I finally just received the crosshairs (CH) that denote my Ovulation (O) day. According to FF, Cycle Day (CD) 16 is my Oday, which would mean if I maintained my 26-day cycle, my luteal phase would only be 10 days... ideally, it needs to be at least 12, I believe. I'm not going to get too concerned yet, but this is something I definitely need to keep an eye on.

More to come, soon, I hope...

No comments: