Friday, February 5, 2010

enough is enough...

I can't handle this lying anymore!

Yesterday I have to blatantly lie to my sister, and I HATE lying. She was feeling a little under-the-weather (we work together), so she saw me drinking my tea and asked where I got it, and if I had any more, because it would be perfect for her sore throat. I was caught dead in my tracks... of course, I have a whole box full of DECAF tea in my drawer here at work, but if I handed my sister a decaf teabag, she would know something was up. What?? MB is drinking decaf? WTF?! So I had to tell her that it was my last teabag, and I felt so guilty for the rest of the day...

I know it's just a little white lie for the greater good, but I just don't know how much longer I can do this. And I've clearly been avoiding my parents because there's NO WAY I could get away lying to my mother like that....

We're still debating when to tell our parents. I think it should be this weekend, just to get it over with... Chris things we should wait until we have the u/s pictures so we can show people something to make it less "weird." He's so concerned with it being all random and awkward telling our parents, but it really doesn't need to be.... once we get it out in the open it will be better, I know it... now I just want to do it!

I mean, I can still run to The Paper Store and pick up grandparents V-Day cards and give it to them as an early Valentine's Day present.... it won't be so easy to do that after Valentine's Day...

We'll just have to see what the weekend brings...

No comments: