Monday, April 25, 2011

now, about me...



In the words of Linkin Park, I'm waiting for the end to come...

... actually, it's already here.

Today is the first day in the last 7 months and 5 days that I have not breastfed Sami. And it's very, very strange.

We knew we were getting to this point... at least I did. After cutting my feedings back to once a day (in the mornings) and no longer pumping at work, I knew that my supply was eventually going to start disappearing, and sure enough, Sami was struggling to be fed Friday morning, so I knew. I was going to keep trying... but I knew.

And then Saturday she was sick, so we didn't give her anything but Pedialyte that morning. And then Sunday we were out of town, so she wasnt going to be getting anything from me anyway... so yeah, this two days, plus me being sick, and buh-bye supply.

Oh well. 7 months was a good run. I should be proud of what I've accomplished, not dwell on what I no longer have. Besides, I was only going to feed her until she was a year, tops, and that's only 4ish months away... :o

No comments: