Wednesday, September 12, 2012

2nd Birthday Incoming!

With Samma's party a little over a week away, there's going to be a lot of planning going on, so it might be a good time to get this party started... literally and figuratively!  Here are the basics: 

The Date:  Saturday, September 22, 2011

The Place:  Our house

The Time:  2pm

The Theme:  Blue's Clues!  And thanks to VistaPrint for actually having a Blue's Clues invitation template!



The Menu:  Chris wants to keep it simple this year, so I think we're going to have burgers and dogs and other kid-friendly items.

The Cake: Nikki and I are going to make cupcakes again, but I think that's what we're going to go with instead of an actual cake.  I'm thinking chocolate with vanilla frosting, and then we're going to pipe Blue's Clues paw prints on the top with blue frosting.  And you'll never believe it, but I was able to find Blue's Clues baking cups on eBay!



The Presents: Samma's WishList - been working on the same one since last year!

The Ensemble:  In sticking with the Blue's Clues theme, I bought Samma a tshirt from VistaPrint:


I also have a shirt I bought her from Old Navy that I was planning on having her wear to her 2yo pictures this coming weekend - should she need a costume change throughout the day (which is possible) she may also wear that.

The Guest List:  The invitation have been made, sent, and RSVPs are due in by this Saturday, September 15th.  Unfortunately, we have to trim the guest list back majorly from last year because there's just no way we could entertain 50-60 people every year, and that's not even included any kids who Samma may want to invite.  So this year we've invited our immediate families, my two grandmothers, our close friends with children, and Samma's daycare friends.  The numbers totaled 35 plus the parents of the daycare kids, which seems to be much more doable when there are going to be toddlers running around.

The main thing I need to focus on now is buying the party supplies and making up the goodie bags for the kids.  For party supplies I'm probably just going to get blue and purpose balloons, steamers, plates, cups, and napkins.  As for the goodie bags, I was able to find cellophane bags on eBay in... you guessed it... a Blue's Clues theme!


 I'm thinking I'll stuff them with toddler smoothies, Motts fruit snacks, beads, bubbles, stickers, and maybe a little toy if I can find it.  Of course, this is all depending on how big these bags actually are when I get them.

As for what we're getting her, I think we have that covered, but I'll get into it when I do another post for her actual birthday -- can't give away all the surprises at once, can we?? ;)

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Your plans sound great! I hope your party goes wonderfully!

MaryBeth said...

Thanks so much! I'm hoping she enjoys it as much as I'm loving planning it!