Monday, September 10, 2012

Mondays suck...


 ... and I say that with my most heartfelt condolences.  For as of today,  I am back to working Mondays.

Some may say this is a First World Problem, but when you haven't been doing it since January of 2011, it's a little world-rocking.

Long story short, a daycare slot opened up for Sam, we jumped on it, so I'm back to 40 hours/week.  Not to mention, it was getting hard to keep her entertained - she didn't enjoy running errands with me like she used to - and I know she has a better time running around with her daycare friends than hanging out with me anyway.  Most of the time.

So work was on board, quite enthusiastically actually, and the rest is history.

This isn't to say I'm 100% happy with this decision. Sure, it was mine to make, but I was quite emotional throughout the day, finding myself missing my Samma time, and questioning my decision to let her go.  Honestly, it felt like it was the first day at school. 

But I know in the long run it's for the best, and I don't necessarily have to be doing it forever.  Especially if BabyBaby² plans pan out in the next year or so.

C'est la vie. 

2 comments:

Jonathan Rice said...

Babybaby2?!

MaryBeth said...

LOL - Yes, JR.. there are eventual BabyBaby² plans in the future. I just want to finish school first.