Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dermatologist Follow-up

So, the general consensus between my OB and my dermatologist is that I do indeed have PUPPPS.

Luckily, my bloodwork from the OB's office came back fine, so we now know the rash isn't because of anything serious having to do with my liver or my gall bladder or anything like that.

Bad news it that, since it is PUPPPs, it's going to be with me for the duration of the pregnancy. The NP at the dermatologist's office seemed sympathetic because I "have a ways to go" but for some reason, 10 weeks, give or take, doesn't seem that long to me. *shrug*

Anyway, I'm supposed to be weaning myself off of the steroids now. Since the chest is no loner bothering me, I'm not going to be using it there anymore, but for the other areas on my arms and belly and legs, they only get 2 weeks tops then its no more steriods. Apparently the ointment can cause the skin to thin... eww.

So now I'm on the search for more natural and/or homeopathic anti-itch and skin irritation remedies. Though I'm not one for baths, I do have Aveno on the list. I also picked up a bar of Grandpa's Pine Tar Soap from GNC after my appointment today, so we'll see how that works. Other than that, Tea Tree Oil seems to be another good suggestion, so I might need to make a trip to LUSH and The Body Shop next payday!

No comments: