Monday, July 26, 2010

yay anterior placenta!


I had my first biweekly appointment today, as well as an ultrasound to check out my low-lying placenta, and it appears as if everything is looking awesome.

I had the ultrasound first - since I hadn't had one since May the tech wanted to check everything out top to bottom. No worries here, I was happy to see BabyBaby again! They wanted to make sure I didn't have a placenta previa, which means the placenta covered or partially covered the cervix, which would mean a scheduled c-section since the placenta can't be born before the baby, and that would not have been ideal. But everything looks great! The placenta is completely out of the way, though anterior. Not a problem though - it just means that there's a little more tissue to cushion between her and me, which means less noticeable movements, and more lower back pain. She was being a butt, though, and this was the best picture we could get of her. If you look really closely you can see her sucking her thumb. She's going to be so worth it.

And of course the tech wanted to do a vaginal ultrasound as procedure to make sure the placenta was completely out of the way, even though she could clearly see it looked fine on the abdominal ultrasound, but BabyBaby's head was low, and in the way! She asked me to try to move her and it just wasn't happening... stubborn brat.

The heartbeat was 143bpm, which is excellent. Per the ultrasound, she's measuring 29weeks 4 days, 3.1 lbs in the 43rd percentile. I went in at 30 weeks 1 day, so it's not THAT far off. And she's going to be gaining about a pound a week in the last month, so she's well on her way!

My regularly scheduled appointment with my midwife was uneventful, and I'm OK with that. She checked the position, measured the belly, heard the heartbeat... all standard procedure at this point. Per the measuring tape we're at 31weeks... so yeah, I'm just going with right on time, here. Heartbeat is in the 140s, and again, LOVE listening to it every time! And we were both very, very happy to discover I did not have a placenta previa and that I would NOT be needing a scheduled c-section. And she assured me that having an anterior placenta will have no negative effect on a vaginal labor & delivery, so yay! The only thing she mentioned to me was possible cramping at this stage, to which she suggested getting a HUGE bottle of water and chugging it, because it means I'm most likely dehydrated. If there's cramping and bleeding, don't hesitate, but call the office... let's hope we don't have to deal with that any time soon.

In other news, everyone was asking about my rash. Yes, it's PUPPPs, and yes, it still itches, but I'm getting better, I swear! I'm actually starting to think it might be something else as well - I have these weird little inflamed patches on my arms, and now my cheek and right under my chin... PUPPPs isn't supposed to be on your face. So watch this just be my luck that I now have to deal with PUPPPs AND some other pregnancy heatrash/rosacea. As of right now, I'm on the last leg of the streoid ointment, which I'm putting on my arms morning and night, and my legs at night. Other than that, I'm washing with the Pine Tar soap, using my Belli lotion for the scaly, peeling skin on my chest, and then Palmer's stretch mark cocoa butter for the belly (though at this point it's moot, but it makes me feel better). I found a tea tree toner and an overnight tea tree blemish lotion that I'm going to start using, especially on my face, and then this weekend, once I have da monies, I'm stocking up on The Body Shop's Tea Tree lotion and body wash, and then taking a trip to LUSH for their Tea Tree Water spray. Good times.

(and now for some reason it's not letting me space out my paragraphs? This layout is starting to annoy me...)

No comments: