Thursday, July 1, 2010

doctors and stuff

I think we finally figured out the pediatrician situation. I believe we're going to be going to Crown Colony Pediatrics per the suggestion of a family friend. Plus sides - they're open regular hours 7 days a week, will do same-day sick appointments, and are affiliated with South Shore Hospital. Downsides? Not many, other than we have to wait until the beginning of August for our prenatal meeting. But that's ok... it'll be nice to have one more thing checked off the list.

I also registered us for a carseat workshop at Babies R Us at the end of the month. Supposedly they run through all the different types of carseats out there, and when you need to change them up and why... should be interesting, seeing that neither of us really have any experience with anything careseat related. Hopefully we'll get something out of it (and maybe some swag to boot!)

I went to prenatal yoga again last night with my friend Lily - have someone to go with makes me want to go more often, but I was thinking about it. They gym offers a $100/10 class punchcard, which would save me $5 a class, but I was looking at the upcoming schedule and our childbirthing classes start in 2 weeks, which knocks out 5 Wednesdays in a row... so if I start counting all the remaining Wednesdays I have left, it brings me right up to Week 40. Yikes. Scary. And no, I don't think I'll be wanting to do yoga as much towards the end of the 3rd trimester either, so I don't know. What I DO know is that I have a prenatal yoga DVD at home that is just begging to be opened, so I think I might partake first thing Saturday morning...

Beyond that, the end of the 2nd trimester is fast approaching, it's the beginning of July, and the reality that Ocotber is only 3 months away is a little rattling. Not that I'm nervous about being a mother... no, I'm just starting to get nervous about labor and delivery. I'm trying to tell myself that all I need to do is endure those bad period-like cramps until I can get an epidural... but then I have to remind myself that it might not be that easy. Something could not be quite right, and next thing I know I'm on my way in for a C-Section... *shudder* I'm really hoping going with a midwife will help me do everything I possibly can to avoid that, because if I have to be awake while they're literally cutting me open, I might have an anxiety-induced heart attack. No lie.

But in the meantime, BabyBaby is snug and secure... and she's kicking daily. That's another concern, though... I mean, how do I know if she's kicking enough? I mean, I feel her at least once or twice a day, but it's not like it's a constant schedule, or she does it in response to anything Chris or I do. Maybe it's me being paranoid since our last scare, but I just can't wait until my appointment next week where I can hear her heartbeat again, and the doctor can tell me how well she's growing, and know that everything is all right.

No comments: