Sunday, September 12, 2010

37 weeks - Full Term Baby!



37 weeks is, in fact, full term. And that is a scary concept. Which means that in 3-4 weeks, or less, BabyBaby will be here. Not that we're not ready, because trust me, I am SO ready, but it just seems surreal. We've done all this prep work and everything, and clearly I've been dealing with the pregnancy for the last 9 months, but it just seems like it's never going to happen... it's a very strange feeling.

And how is baby looking this month? She's a watermelon! Nom...





It is weird though... I never thought I would be seeing this picture on my ticker. I mean, look at those number ranges! 18.9-20.9 inches?? 6.2 - 9.2 lbs??! Those are full-term baby numbers! AHHHH!!!!!

And now, it's time for a monthly survey:


Total Weight Gain/Loss: As of my 36 week appointment last Tuesday, I had officially hit 35 lbs. I'm ok with this though, because between 34 and 36 weeks I had only gained 1 pound. We'll see how everything weighs out on Thursday for my 37 week appointment.
Maternity Clothes: I've lost one pair of maternity pants to my thighs. The black Old Navy maternity khakis I've purchased just won't pull up anymore, no matter how hard I've tried. I fear the brown and the tan ones of the same style are soon to follow. So I've been alternating between two of the same pair of stretchy maternity pants I got on sale at Motherhood Maternity. They're loose, their all elastic wasitband, and so far they're still comfy. I will say, I hope she arrives soon though - I don't have many fallish clothes, and would love to stick with what I have for the next couple of weeks. Of course, I do have that whole laundry basket full of clothes borrowed from Angel, but going through them now is going to take effort and energy I just don't have :(
Stretch Marks: Ugh, I'm never going to be able to wear non-maternity shorts ever again. Or a bathing suit for that matter. These bad boys have been spreading all the way down my thighs to my calves... it sucks.
Sleep: Sleep? What's sleep? Oh, you mean those 1-2 hour naps I've been having when the sun goes down... yeah, let's just call it practice for when BabyBaby gets here. But really, its been hard. I was sick over this past weekend, so there went that sleep. I can rarely find a comfy position on my side, and I'm constantly waking up to use the bathroom. It's a little sad... just one restless night before BabyBaby gets here is all I ask...
Movement: Lately she only moves when I don't. Be it sitting at my desk at work, while I'm lying down watching TV, or in bed trying to fall asleep... only then does she decide it's a good time to begin her twists and turns.
Food Cravings/Aversions: I still want to eat everything.
Gender: Still a girl - I hope! Not going to lie, this is still a HUGE fear of mine, just because it would be my luck to have all her clothes and the nursery completed, to find out she's a boy. And it can happen, yo! One of the girls on my October '10 Moms board had it happen to her in an ultrasound a few weeks out from her EDD. I mean, granted, sure we got the money shot, and had the same thing confirmed to us with 2 ultrasounds, 2 techs, and a doctor... but I still can't help but be nervous!
Belly Button In or Out: not in or out. flush with my belly... it's weird.
What I Miss: I miss wearing my wedding ring, especially since our anniversary is this weekend.
What I am Looking Forward To: my 37 week appointment so I can tell them how I've been feeling and see if they'll bump up the start of my internals.
Best Moment This Week: TMI - starting to lose the mucus plug.
Labor Signs: My back's been killing me lately, and I've been crampy, and, like I said, I've been starting to see the stringy clear discharge that most likely was my mucus plug, but these could all be circumstantial...

No comments: