Saturday, September 4, 2010

Recap: Shower #2 -- The Big One

And when I say "the big one" I mean it -- my mother and my sister totally outdid themselves again! That and there were well over 40 people in attendance...

I was asked to come over at Noon last weekend, an hour before the other guests arrived, so that I could see the magic they performed before anyone else showed up, and on my, what wonders they procured!

Clotheslines of baby clothes were strung all along the walls of my parents' family room... some of the stuff I had shown my mother over the last few months, most of it was a surprise...

Chris' cousin Laureen made the diaper cake...

... and a baby bootie bouquet. So talented and so awesome.

My friend Krissy had asked a co-worker of hers to make me a cake... yes, that is Hello Kitty wrapped up in a baby blanket. SO cute!

And then there was the BabyBaby cake:

Courtesy of Konditor Meister in Braintree, MA, the same place we got our wedding shower cake. And just as before, it was white cake with Strawberry Grande Marnier filling. And see that huge mound of frosting roses in the middle? Yeah, the WHOLE mound is one big pile of frosting. Crazy!

And don't get me started about the actual presents! Everyone was very generous...

WAY too generous... it took me at least an hour, if not more, to open all of these gifts! I started feeling bad because people had to leave mid-opening, and then I felt guilty for taking too long =(

A few key presents that I would love to note:

A quilt from my Niners that brought me to tears

a LOST-themed onesie, again thanks to Chris' cousin Laureen

Everybody Poops. A family staple.

If you want to see pictures of me opening present by present, the link to the Facebook album is here.

Speaking of Everybody Poops, my sister was awesome with this -- apparently, she asked guests to bring a child's book rather than a card to help build BabyBaby's reading library, and the amount of books we received was amazing! The best part was, not a single one was a duplicate- Yay spreadsheets!

This was just the beginning...

All in all, a great party - a little overwhelming at times, and I was definitely tired by the end of the day, but we are so thankful for the family and friends we have. Now if only I can get my ass in gear and start writing those Thank You notes...

No comments: