Monday, September 6, 2010

The Nursery: Done & Done!



I finished up some final details today, but I can now happily say that the nursery is complete! All it needs is BabyBaby to come home, and we are ready to go!

Behind the door we decided to have the coat rack that used to be in our front hallway. Personally, I think it's going to work better here, to hold the baby bags and such when we aren't needing them. Plus it's white, so it just goes.

The bookcase is now home to all of the books we received from the shower, as well as a couple of baskets we have for the storage of items such as blankets and sheets.

And in this corner, we have one of the most comfortable rockers and ottomans ever... I like to call this Mom's corner.

The frames on the wall are the 3 different scenes from the wallpaper border. We didn't want to have to deal with wallpaper ever again, so we figured framing the pictures would just be so much easier.

The nightstand has become home to my books as of late. When I wake up at 5:30am and just can't get back to sleep, I have found that reading by the lamplight in the rocker helps. And can we talk about how adorable it's going to be when BabyBaby is big enough to sit in that chair?? Sadly I don't have a picture for the Hello Kitty frame yet but I'm hoping to have one made up as soon as BabyBaby is born.

I love the crib. I currently have the quilt hanging over the back for the aesthetic value, but I'll most likely move it either to the back of the rocker, or to the wall once the baby starts sleeping in there. Also, the bumpers will most likely come off - I attempted to put that crib sheet on while the bumpers were tied on and it wasn't happening. Untying them and retying them every time a sheet needs to get changed is not going to be fun, so I see myself losing patience with them very fast. But in the meantime, they look cute!

The closet is full. Seriously. I don't know where I'm going to put any more clothes. Of course, as of right now there's no rhyme or reason to them, but as soon as I get those Hello Kitty closet dividers, I'll have another task to take upon myself. I just hope they come sooner than later. =X

I think the dresser was one of the best purchases we made. And the fact that we found one where we were both comfy enough to use it as the changing table is another great plus. So the drawers are filled with onesies and sleepers and other items that I couldn't fit in the closet, while the top of the dresser is ready with the changing pad, the wipes, diapers, and Buttpaste. And let's not forget, BabyBaby gets her very own hamper!

And above the dresser we hung a white shelf I was able to find at the Christmas Tree Shop. I don't know how sturdy it's going to be, so for now it only has stuffed animals... and that's enough. Not to mention, those stuffed animals up there are just a portion of what she already has.

So there you have it! I think it truly has become my favorite room in the house now... I will go in there and just sit and look around and smile. SO excited!

No comments: