Tuesday, September 7, 2010

my last biweekly OB appointment

Actually, there isn't anything to report. I know that should be a good thing, but it almost feels anti-climatic at this time.

Blood pressure is good. Took my Group Strep B test, and will find out the results at my next appointment.

BabyBaby is measuring at 35.5 weeks per the fundal height. If she wants to stay small, I'm not complaining. Her heartbeat is at 135bpms, so everything is looking good!

She's still head down, which is good, and no one's said anything about her still be posterior, so I'm going to assume she's spun around? I mean, I would think if she was still posterior, they would want to mention it to me to make sure I was doing what I could to get her to face the right way... right? Of course, I could always ask at my next appointment, but I keep forgetting. I did write myself a note for next time, so hopefully the answer is good!

I did ask about when they started internals. She told me 39 weeks, so there's a chance I could very well go into labor without any idea it's coming. Of course, she also reminded me that 50% of pregnancies go 6 days beyond the EDD. So much for my wishful thinking!

Oh, I forgot to mention -- I only gained one pound in the last two weeks! This is a good sign -- this means that BabyBaby is pretty much almost close to being her full-term size, and I shouldn't expect much more of a gain. This ALSO means that I maintained my goal of NOT hitting 200lbs during my pregnancy. w000t! Of course, I was just reading about this in
What to Expect over the weekend, and they said that some mothers actually LOSE weight in their last couple of weeks.. HAHA I could be so lucky!

Other than all that, she said I can keep working, exercising, and doing everything I've been doing up to this point-- so looks like that means no bedrest is on the horizon for me. For shame... though I think I would go crazy. I'm already going stir-crazy and I still have permission to move!

No comments: