Friday, September 10, 2010

boob class

Last night, Chris and I subjected ourselves to a prenatal breastfeeding class at Sout Shore Hospital. Honestly, it was very informative. They taught us the biology of it all, the different positions for nursing, gave us a rundown of pumping, and let us know about the resources that are out there if, for some reason, we need them once we leave the hospital.

Why am I so concerned about breastfeeding? Well, maybe it's because none of the women in my family have been able to, for one reason or another. Plus, the benefits of breastmilk far outweight formula, so if I can give that to my baby, even for a week or two, I will. Not to mention, the amount of $money$ it will save!

So in the meantime, I'm letting my nipples air dry, not washing them with soap, and just hoping for the best once she gets here.... because I know you all wanted to know exactly what I was going to be doing to prep!

No comments: